Here's an example of a quickly assembled mock for the Hawks. It took about a half an hour to assemble and is just meant to focus the discussion a little bit. I want to know what people like about this plan and what or who they don't like.
This draft assumes that the Hawks move Jackson and a 4th round pick for Minnesota's 2nd round pick.
- Justin Blalock--I figure this guy is a sure thing. Perhaps the only real mauler at guard in this year's draft.
- Brandon Meriweather--Good coverage guy, versatile. Can fill in at CB or S.
- Paul Soliai--Run stopper who can pressure the QB in a pinch. Incredible potential.
- Kevin Boss--Will he fall this far? Maybe. Fast, big and more agile than Michael Allan.
- Dwayne Wright--Good receiver and blocker; good cut-back runner. Should play well in short yardage situations.
- Justin Durant--Not sure this guy will fall this far, but if he does, he could be the type of player to effectively spell Hill on passing downs. Quick, undersized.