The Seahawks officially kick off training camp tomorrow, Wednesday July 24th, with physicals and a walk through, and their first practice takes place on Thursday. As you probably know, the Hawks open up a good number of practices to the public, and for the first time that I can remember in recent history, ALL OF THEM are already sold out. To say there is some excitement around this season would be trite, well-worn material.
By the way, Paul Allen tweeted this awesome calendar so I am posting it here because you might be interested:
Download it HERE.
By the way, if you're curious, the NFLPA released the following information about Training Camp.
- Vets: $1700/wk
- Rookies: $925/wk
Day 1: Physicals, Testing, Meetings (no on-filed activities except running and conditioning)
Day 2: No pads and no contact
Day 3: No pads and no contact
Day 4 through end of camp:
- 1 padded practice for no more than 3 hours + 1 walk through
- 3 hours between practices
- 4 hours total on the field
- A padded practice that goes more than 60 minutes and is then cancelled counts as a full practice.
- 25 Days from release to file an injury grievance.
- Mandatory days off: 1 in every 7 days, at least 5 days off during camp
- HGH Population Study blood sample to be done during Training camp
DEFINTION OF WALK THROUGH:
(Article 23 sec. 6) - The second practice on the same day may only be for a maximum of the remaining available on-field time, and shall be limited to only "walk-through" instruction (i.e., no helmets, full-speed pre-snap, and walking pace after the snap).
More from Field Gulls:
- Hugh Millen talks Seahawks Training Camp
- Seahawks Training Camp positional groups preview: Tight ends
- Seahawks sign TE Michael Palmer, release DB Ray Polk
- Rain City Redemption: Episode 2
- The NFL evolution that eventually brought us Russell Wilson, and how "new offenses" are what truly dictates future success