Guys, the season is over. Holy shit.
- This play was a great example of something that doesn't get talked about in much depth. It's a read option play where Marshawn gets the ball and breaks off a nice run because of the attention Wilson is given. Wilson "blocks" the end, but he also freezes Rocky McIntosh (#50) who ends up out of position to make a play on Lynch. The read option isn't just about Wilson gaining yards.
- Lane struggled again this week, and if I'm not mistaken was benched in favor of Maxwell for a stretch. Last week against the Niners he struggled at times with Moss but otherwise held it together. Against St Louis he was running pretty cold for the start and gave up both of the big plays on the Rams first TD drive. It'll be interesting to see how the CB snaps shake out this week with Browner back.
- If Janoris Jenkins ever sees Russell Wilson again it'll be too soon.
- Sweezy had a rough game. If you need a reminder of how raw he is, this play where he chases a stunting lineman to the other side of Unger will probably do. It wasn't just the mental mistakes though, he had issues holding up in the run game and with staying engaged against pass rushers. Moffitt has been inactive the last two weeks, it'll be interesting to see if he can earn some playing time against Washington.
- Every game Michael Robinson has a catch where he's able to rack up a few yards and a first down. This week he had three of them, one for a touchdown, and ended each of them with a big hit. A nice way for him to end another solid year.
- Every week Wilson makes at least one jaw dropping play. My favorite this week was his scramble and toss to Tate late in the game. It's a good thing he's on Seattle, but if we ever had to play against him I'd have at least 3 aneurysms a game watching pass rushers try to chase him down.
Go Hawks, and Superb Owl