READ FIRST: - Included a comparison for each players first 10 career starts for an easier comparison to Kaep's 10 starts.(16 game comparison also w/ Kaep's stats extrapolated based on his game averages in 10 starts) - I included Cam's first 10 starts of this season, in the first section, as a way to gauge who's better right now. - I included all games started by each player. Therefore, I disregarded Kaepernick's stats before his 1st start. This was to make it a bit easier to compare the players as starters. - Playoff games are included in all game averages. - Most importantly, I included two sets of stats for Robert Griffin(Before injury vs All games started) "Before injury" games include all games prior to the BAL game. Didn't want to hear any excuses.lol
1. Kaep: 2,972 total yards. 20 td’s (Only 156 yards behind Luck but more td’s than the rest) (advantage) 2. Luck: 3,128 total yards. 17 td’s 3.Wilson: 2,016 total yards. 15 td’s 4.RG3: 2,806 total yards. 18 td’s 5. Cam: 2,789 total yards. 13 td's
Kaep: 62.1 Luck: 53.8 Wilson: 63.9 RG3: 65.0 (advantage) Before Injury: 67.0 <-- even better Cam: 57.7 * RG3 was dead last in yards traveled per attempt. 56% of his yards came after the catch, most in the NFL. Almost 60% of his passes went to the backfield. Only 9% of his passes went over 20 yards. That's the 2nd lowest percentage among starters in the NFL(only behind Christian Ponder).
* QBR takes into account statistics about passing, rushing, and all types of turnovers. It also takes into account a "clutch" factor where successful plays are more valuable if the game is on the line rather than the game being a blowout.
Points Per Game Given Up:(only games started by these particular players, including playoffs) Niners: 235 = 23.5 pts/gm Colts: 411 = 24.1 pts/gm Seahawks: 289 = 16.0 pts/gm (advantage) Redskins: 391 = 24.4 pts/gm (0.9 more than SF) Panthers: 363 = 22.6 pts/gm *Only included the 10 games Kaepernick started. I love the people that have the temerity to claim that had RG3 had SF's' defense that he would have taken them to the Super Bowl. San Fransisco, with Kaepernick starting, only gave up 0.9 fewer points per game than Washington's averaged throughout the season. Are they trying to tell me that had the Redskins defense given up 0.9 fewer points per game that they would have been in the Super Bowl? They were that close? Somebody's been eating too much maca.
Points per Game(including playoffs)
Niners: 288 = 28.8 pts/gm (advantage) Colts: 366 = 21.5 pts/gm Seahawks: 464 = 25.7 pts/gm Redskins: 412 = 25.7 pts/gm With healthy rg3: 312 = 26 pts/gm Panters: 357 = 22.3 pts/gm *Sorry to keep mentioning this but this only includes Kaepernick's 10 starts.
Top 5 Most Impressive Individual Performances (personal opinion)
- Gave Patriots 1st December home loss in over a decade(2002) - Kaepernick averaged one td pass every 6 pass attempts - Outplaying Brady, in Foxborough, in only his 5th career start - Kaepernick: 221 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT
- Only qb ever to throw for 250+ yards and 150+ rushing yards in a playoff game. - NFL record 181 rushing yards for a qb in in any game - Kaepernick outplayed the reigning MVP to the tune of 444 Total yards, 4 TD's
- The game that made me dread the thought of Russell Wilson being in our division for the next decade.
- Down 27-7 with 13 minutes to go Wilson leads them all the way back. Taking the lead with 25 seconds left in the 4th
- Wilson: 385 yards, 2 TD's, INT, 1 rushing TD
4. Niners vs Falcons
- Spotted the #1 seed Falcons 17 points on the road - Kaepernick orchestrated the biggest comeback in the history of the NFC CG - Kaep: 233 yards, 1TD, 127.7 rating
5. Colts vs Packers
- Luck: 365 Yards, 2 TD's - First game w/o Chuck Pagano
In the words of the the immortal Jim Ross "WHAT A SLOBBERKNOCKER!" In what may be the most talented group of quarterbacks to come out in back-to-back years, Colin Kaepernick separates himself, however slightly, from the rest. His game averages are, for the most part, better than his young contemporaries while obtaining more team success. Kaepernick did have the most talented team around him but he also had less game experience than the other 3 quarterback's. He didn't start taking the starting reps until Alex Smith went down with an injury. If anything, the fact that Kaepernick came off the bench midseason, with Super Bowl expectations, and zero starting experience makes his accomplishments even more impressive. Russell Wilson is good, and might turn out to be better than Kaepernick, but he averaged fewer; yards per pass attempt, passing yards per game, total TD's per game, total yards per game and fewer yards per rush attempt than Kaepernick. Wilson also averaged more INT's a game and had a defense that played significantly better than Kaep's defense played during his 10 starts. Unlike fans of other teams, Seattle fans can't complain that their qb was surrounded by inferior talent than Kaepernick. While the stats and the eye test suggest Kaepernick is the best young qb I would have much rather dealt with RG3 in SEA than Russell "Hustle n' Bustle, Hunk of Man Muscle" Wilson.(2 points for whoever gets that reference)
Seahawks took full advantage of the fact that the Niners used a truncated playbook to not show their potential playoff opponents what they were planning on doing. Niners got to the Super Bowl so you judge how that plan worked out.
Bonus: "Seahawks wouldn't have even beat Washington if RG3 hadn't gotten hurt."
Maybe. Most likely even. Except Russell brought the Seahawks back from a 20-0 deficit against the number 1 seeded Atlanta Falcons' 5th ranked scoring defense. They went on to lose that game, but I'm sure if he can do that than he could've brought them back from a 14 point deficit against a bad Washington defense.
In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.