EDIT: I posted this here not to rile up your fanbase, but rather to enlist more support for a teen who needs it. Many 12's have been making contributions today and I think that's awesome. I know some will hate the fact that this kid is a Niners fan and they merely see him as arrogant/trolling/attention-getting/whatever, and I accept that. A large contingent of your fans have shown support so thus I re-posted this over here also. For others who may feel the same.
Hello 12th man. This will be my first Fanpost ever at your site. I'm just going to copy my post I made over at Niners Nation. I wanted to also thank your amazing fanbase for their support they've already shown. There is a lot of good that can come from our rivalry. We've shown that a few times this year. Just know I'm one Faithful who respects you guys and gals and appreciate your passion and generosity.
Here was my post:
Hello fellow NN members. I come here to ask for your help.
I was posting in the thread yesterday regarding Ronnie Andrews, the 49ers fan who was out representing at the Seattle victory parade. By now we've all seen the photos of him parading around, lone wolf style, in full 49ers regalia at the den of our sworn enemy. I think you have to be dead inside (wink,wink save10) to not appreciate the sentiment of his actions.
Yesterday I had commented that I would love the 49ers to do him a solid and get him to the 49ers opening game at Levi's. Well one of our terrific boosters has already donated one of her 50 yard line tickets to him and now it's just up to us to get him here! She did a great Q&A with him on her site (linked above and posted below) and then went and created a funding page to get him to the game. I've already gone and made my donation,and I would love to see us at Niners Nation get involved and help get him to the game.
But the story doesn't end here and this is where it takes a gut wrenching turn. Apparently Ronnie, 15 years old, is a ward of the state and living in a shelter. There was a news story on him released yesterday as details start to emerge about this young man. Apparently getting him to the game is something that he would love but he needs more help than just that. So the funding currently underway to bring him to SF will also be used to help him personally. The booster is getting in contact with Ronnie's social worker to see what other help can provided with the left over funds. Some will be used for college savings and other things that can be provided to him.
So please Niners Nation, let's not only help get Ronnie to the game but let's just help Ronnie! This kids walking alone in more ways than one.
Q & A with Ronnie from Ladies of the Empire:
1. What was the inspiration for attending the Seattle parade?
Answer: And just being a niner fan and getting all the crap at school for being one I wanted everyone in seattle and all around the world to know that I was a niner fan and I was no bandwagon
- 2. That was really brave of you. Did you get the response you expected?
Answer: Yup all the boos and all the name calling and even the stuff thrown at me I all expected it
- 3. Some people have questioned your loyalty because of what looks like a Halloween costume. Can you explain a bit?
Answer: well all I can say is I love my gf to much to denied her of what she wanted
4.Coach Hill or J.D. Hill is very involved in your life and cares a lot about you. How has he influenced your life?
Answer: he has has been in my life for a few years and has influenced me to do the right thing and follow my dream of joining football and just sports
- 5. Just now hearing a little bit about your life and living situation it sounds to me like you could benefit for the Niner Empire families resources. If you would allow us we would love to help as much as we can.
Answer: I would to, I just need to know what I can do to make my part in all of this and I will do what ever I ned to do
- 6. Do I have your permission to tell my Niner Empire about your living situation?
- 7. Ok. I have 3 kids one is almost 21, 19, and almost 13. I know life can be really hard but I want to help you more than just getting you to see a football game.
Response: really u would do that?
- 8. yes! I would and lots of people would want to help you. if you let us. Well what do you need? a place to live? Clothes? Food? Money for school? Counseling? Support? I’m sure you have felt that people don’t care but they do. Like I said before you are apart of a larger family…..Niner family
Response: I know and I do need all of that
9. So we will try to help. I just didn’t want to put your info out there if you were uncomfortable about people/your classmates knowing your situation.
- 10. yes really