A few quick notes from the past couple weeks of Seahawks news. This is what we call "first-week filler."
- Walter Jones, now officially the Hawks' premier offensive lineman, will become the first person ever to receive a key to his home city, Aliceville, Alabama on June 23. It comes with dinner. (Seattle Times)
- New WR Nate Burleson, who I promise is going to make Seahawks fans giddy with rapture in 2006, builds his working relationship with Matt Hasselbeck. (Tacoma News-Tribune)
- The NewsTrib's Mike Sando, in a special for CBS SportsLine, waxes rosy, albeit with injury concerns, about the Seahawks' chances of beating the recent Super Bowl loser curse.
- Scott M. Johnson of the Everett Herald reflects upon the Hawks making lemonade with the O-line during last week's minicamp.
- Hawks signee Gibran Hamdan is NFL Europe's MVP for 2006. (Seahawks.com) That's funny. I could've sworn they tore down NFL Europe awhile ago to make room for a Starbucks.