Well I talked to my boss, if such a term can be used in SBN's loose power structure, and I told him my reservations about blurring advertising and editorial content. I understand my concerns can sound quaint or even naive. Anyway, I think we worked out a compromise. Which is good, because these type of sponsored posts are the future, if not of journalism, definitely of SBN. As I have said before, I do not purchase Comcast services, have nothing against the company, but am not a spokesperson.
This post is an advertisement for their product. Here are the details I was asked to incorporate:
* Comcast's cable lineup, including NFL Network, will offer wall-to-wall draft coverage including a live broadcast of the draft
* NFL Network on Demand on Comcast will complement all the live draft coverage with profiles of the 100 top prospects available leading up to the draft
* Comcast's NFL programming will also include extensive training camp coverage, preseason game broadcasts and full coverage of Hall of Fame weekend
* During the regular season, NFL Network on Demand lets you re-watch every NFL game as soon as 24 hours following it's original airing
* The wildly successful and popular Red Zone will be back on Comcast for a second season
Future posts will have a Comcast banner of my own making, but otherwise be regular content.