I ask myself: why does performance vary? Why is Matt Hasselbeck so solid in one practice and shaky in another?
- Hasselbeck started with an errant pass that left Golden Tate in the lurch. Tate reached for it and risked getting clobbered by Roy Lewis.
- He found John Carlson twice over the middle.
- Short wobbler thrown off his back foot.
- Hasselbeck throws into double coverage underneath.
- Good pass underneath to Julius Jones.
- Nice throwon a roll out. This is encouraging.
- Nice swing pass to Quintin Ganther after reading his progressions. Ganther is a smooth athlete despite his obvious stoutness.
- Another nice pass to Ganther, this time on a wide stop route.
- Finish with a solid pass to Carlson in the red zone. It's an underneath pattern that Carlson stretches into the end zone.
I have high standards for practice, and so while this was by no means a bad day for Hasselbeck, it had some obvious imperfections.