Nothing generates more internet website hits right now than NFL mock drafts. People only want to know one thing: "Who in the heck is my favorite American football team going to draft?" and then you go around to different websites to find out the answers, answers that will inevitably and by nature be wrong 98% of the time.
The best mock drafts out there will be at least 75% wrong. But not mine. With many years of research spent simply following every team’s habits, I know the below to be true. Everyone else is basing their picks on the current team needs, current coach, current general manager, but those pieces rotate in and out too quickly to matter. I’m basing mine on the franchise. That’s the most evergreen part of it all and if you’ve seen the 1998 Lions, you’ve seen the 2013 Lions.
Here is how the 2013 NFL Draft will play out:
My 2013 Mock Draft:
1. Chiefs - A defensive lineman you are skeptical of
2. Jaguars - A player you weren't familiar with
3. Raiders - The fastest player at the combine
4. Eagles - A big name with a questionable attitude
5. Lions - A wide receiver
6. Browns - A bad QB
7. Cardinals - Surprisingly, a pick you really like
8. Bills - An "overdraft"
9. Jets - "BOOO!"
10. Titans - A phenomenal athlete
11. Chargers - A defensive player that you're surprised was still available
12. Dolphins - A reach
13. Buccaneers - A player that is "just perfect for that defense"
14. Panthers - Something compared to Julius Peppers
15. Saints - "I think this guy is going to help turnaround that defense" but then doesn't.
16. Rams - "Finally someone to help stabilize that offensive line" but then doesn't.
17. Steelers - A "hard-nosed, tough as nails" defensive player
18. Cowboys - A "steal at 18"
19. Giants - "BOOOO!"
20. Bears - A replacement for someone old
21. Bengals - I don't know but you need to post his bail first
22. Rams - "Finally someone to catch a pass" but then doesn't
23. Vikings - An elite talent or Christian Ponder
24. Colts - Unless it's the #1 overall pick, you are not familiar with this player
25. Seahawks - A guy that you either thought would go "late 2nd, early 3rd" or literally did not know existed
26. Packers - Someone "tough in the trenches"
27. Texans - Defense
28. Broncos - Literally anything from Von Miller to Tim Tebow
29. Patriots - A defensive back that disappoints
30. Falcons - A pick you genuinely like
31. 49ers - Someone that will be inactive for all of 2013
32. Ravens - A guy that actually is a steal and you have no idea why the Ravens are getting another stud defensive player