Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll joined Mitch Levy on Sports Radio KJR this morning and had some really interesting things to say about the present state of affairs with the team.
- Carroll talks about the mentality going forward and how he has spearheaded the culture and state-of-mind of the team in order to put the Super Bowl loss behind them. Language is important. Messaging is key.
- Carroll breaks down the center competition in detail
- He talks about the trade for Jimmy Graham and the background behind it. He mentions that Graham will create room for Doug Baldwin because he'll draw the attention of defenses.
- Carroll admits they force-fed Percy Harvin last year and it changed their offense, and says that they won't make the same mistake with Jimmy Graham.
- Carroll talks about how big receivers/tight ends bring a different dynamic to offenses because they're easier to see downfield. QB sees them as "open" more often.
- Carroll talked about the situation with Kam Chancellor.