A considerable amount of things were put out into the ether about the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday, so I thought it worthy of a post.
- Michael Bennett (knee) practiced on Wednesday and it appears ready for Sunday night’s game against the Arizona Cardinals. That’s pretty important as the Seahawks can get a considerable advantage in the NFC West with a win.
Michael Bennett reiterates that his knee is fine. Says nothing showed up as injured.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) October 19, 2016
Over their last three games in Arizona, all against Bruce Arians, Seattle has won 36-6, 35-6, and 34-22. Arians thoughts on that:
Arians asked if a common thread to losing all 3 at home to Seattle "Yea, they beat the shit out of us"— Kent Somers (@kentsomers) October 19, 2016
- Luke Willson will have a “miraculous recovery” according to Pete Carroll.
Carroll says he expects Luke Willson to make a miraculous recovery and be back in "weeks.'' Says little had to be done to repair knee.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) October 19, 2016
Willson had surgery on his knee but it appears to be “minor.” If he misses three weeks, he’ll be back in time to face the New England Patriots in Week 10. In the meantime, Nick Vannett and Brandon Williams will have an increased role to show what they can do. Doug Baldwin compared Vannett to Zach Miller.
- Kevin Pierre-Louis was a fine SAM linebacker this week, but it sounds as though the job may not be his to keep. (Unless he earns it, of course.) Carroll said that Mike Morgan is recovering well and could be the guy that returns from IR this season.
Carroll says Mike Morgan is doing well in recovery and plan is for him to return this season. So he'll be their IR designated to return guy.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) October 19, 2016
I believe Morgan could be activated in Week 12 against Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Falcons head coach Dan Quinn said he talked to the head of officiating about the no-call defensive pass interference on Sunday and it was a “good conversation.” Of course, even if anything did come of it, like rule changes for next year, it still won’t change what happened. Just a thing that’s now been further discussed between coach and league. No surprise there, Carroll would do the same.
- This week should see the return of C.J. Prosise. It seems like C.J. Spiller had some tough drops on Sunday and that could help explain his availability on the free agent market before two weeks ago.
Carroll says "In my mind C.J.(Prosise) is playing this week.''— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) October 19, 2016
- We should also see Frank Clark come back this week, further bolstering confidence in the defensive line. However, Kam Chancellor is “Day to day.”
Carroll says Kam Chancellor is "day to day'' but can't say if he'll play Sunday. Says Frank Clark is fine, will practice today.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) October 19, 2016
- Atlanta tackle Jake Matthews responded to Bennett’s comments about him going after his legs. Basically said it’s just part of football and there’s no intent to harm, that he looked up to Bennett as another Texas A&M guy.
- There’s been a lot of talk about the edited version of the “No call DPI” video released in the mic’d up Russell Wilson special this week by the NFL. I personally don’t take any offense to it, but Richard Sherman figures it was intentional like most people do.
Sherman says he thinks the NFL Films video was intentionally edited to leave out beginning of final play Sunday. "100 percent,'' he said.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) October 19, 2016