The Seattle Seahawks will open up training camp on Saturday as they prepare for their 41st season in the NFL, all of which have been successful and none of which have been bad. There will be 13 days of practice at the VMAC in Renton.
- Saturday, July 30-Tuesday, August, 2 beginning at 10 AM
- Thursday, August 4-Saturday, August 6, beginning at 10 AM
- Sunday, August 7 at 1 PM
- Tuesday, August 9-Thursday, August 11 at 10 AM
- Saturday, August 13 is the preseason opener at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City against the Chiefs at 1:30 PM PST on KCPQ.
- Monday, August 15 at 11 AM
- Tuesday, August 16 at 10 AM
The Seahawks second preseason game is at home against the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday, August 18 at 7 PM PST. They host the Dallas Cowboys EXACTLY ONE WEEK LATER, same time and place. And then exactly one week after that, they’re in Oakland to finish out their preseason against the Raiders. All games are on KCPQ.
Storylines to follow during camp:
- Offensive line battles at C (Justin Britt favored), and perhaps RT (J’Marcus Webb favored).
- Running back depth battle between Christine Michael, Alex Collins, Zac Brooks, and Tre Madden.
- Who will be the fullback to replace Will Tukuafu and Derrick Coleman? Brandon Cottom and Brandin Bryant may be facing off.
- Fifth receiver battle and the health of Paul Richardson.
- Tight end depth (Will Cooper Helfet make the team?) and the health of Jimmy Graham.
- Is Trevone Boykin ready to be the backup QB or will they sign a veteran?
- SAM linebacker battle between Mike Morgan, Cassius Marsh, Eric Pinkins, Kevin Pierre-Louis, and others.
- Starting outside CB battle between Tharold Simon, DeShawn Shead, and everyone else. (In nickel packages.)
- Kelcie McCray vs Tyvis Powell, potentially, for backup safety.
- Longsnapper battle!
I invite anyone who is attending camp on any day to report your findings on Field Gulls, either in an open thread or a Fanpost. If you take pictures, share them! You can @ me anything you find interesting on Twitter @FieldGulls and I’ll share it. Who’s going to camp and who is ready for some football?