The Seattle Seahawks open day three of training camp on Monday. We’ll keep this updated throughout the day as news and observations come through the social media-sphere.
Some things to keep an eye on from the weekend:
- Eric Pinkins was with the first unit at SAM on Sunday after Mike Morgan was there on Saturday. Cassius Marsh, who is also in competition at SAM, ran down Christine Michael 60 yards on Sunday, poking the ball loose and drawing praise from teammates on his hustle.
- Brandon Browner has been working at safety and getting lots of praise from coaches.
- Garry Gilliam was back at left tackle on Sunday after easing back into workouts following a knee injury. There hasn’t been any other type of shake-up that I know of at the other positions but it’s so early in the process.
- Jeremy Lane and DeShawn Shead have both worked at outside corner. Shead made the “play of the day” on Sunday, per most reports.
- Deshon Foxx is off to a fast start and has also been working on kickoff returns, as has Alex Collins.
- Tyler Lockett made a nice play on Sunday but if it were a live game, would have likely been knocked into Tuesday by Kelcie McCray.
- Nothing too tangible to be made out of the competition at backup QB yet, it seems.
- C.J. Prosise has yet to practice.
- Cooper Helfet is out indefinitely with a broken bone in his foot.
- Like FIELD GULLS on Facebook!
- Follow us on Twitter and send me your camp stories, pictures, etc.
- Frank Clark looks great and should see a huge increase in snaps on pass rushing downs this season.
Day 3 of #SeahawksCamp. Cloudy and cool this morning. pic.twitter.com/NYltaAJwml— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) August 1, 2016
Original Legion of Boom spends a lot of time together on the VMAC practice fields during #SeahawksCamp. pic.twitter.com/EDQiHwlcm6— Stephen Cohen (@scohenPI) August 1, 2016
Michael Bennett and, well, Doug Baldwin in pass rush drills. For Baldwin, helps with special teams stuff he does. pic.twitter.com/MNa40PmU2B— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 1, 2016
Marsh getting the first team reps today.
Cassius Marsh running with first team today.— Stephen Cohen (@scohenPI) August 1, 2016
Frank Clark out with a sore calf:
Frank Clark watching at the moment with ice on his calf.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 1, 2016
Rookie Germain Ifedi not afraid to mix it up and throw down against one of the vets on the d-line
First dust-up of #SeahawksCamp: Germain Ifedi vs Michael Bennett during a one-on-one blocking drill.— Stephen Cohen (@scohenPI) August 1, 2016