The Seattle Seahawks now have three days of training camp in the books, with day four kicking off on Tuesday at 10 AM at the VMAC. Morning Update: Outside practice has been cancelled due to weather. They’re moving it inside.
What we know so far:
- Michael Bennett is here.
- The “original LOB” is making lots of noise now that Brandon Browner is back and this time playing safety.
- Cassius Marsh, Eric Pinkins, and Mike Morgan have all taken reps with the first team at SAM.
- C.J. Prosise will be out at least another week with a hamstring injury.
- Cooper Helfet will require surgery on his broken foot.
- Jake Heaps has gotten a lot of praise through three days, truly opening up a competition for the job behind Russell Wilson.
- Jimmy Graham and Thomas Rawls will be re-evaluated on Wednesday in regards to when they’re ready to come off the PUP.
- Seventh round pick Zac Brooks has been a standout at running back.
There could be a competition at the kickoff return spot. Even though Tyler Locket
t is very possibly the best in the NFL at that job, the league has really mitigated the value of kickoff returns for safety concerns and if Alex Collins, Brooks, or someone else can do a very good job returning kicks, they’ll be given an opportunity.
- Germain Ifedi got into a shoving match with Bennett and held his ground. It sounds like he did a good job on the first day with pads. There doesn’t appear to be any shakeup on the first team offensive line yet, with Garry Gilliam returning from a knee injury this week.
- Joey Hunt had some good one-on-one with Jarran Reed.
- DeShawn Shead, Tharold Simon, and Jeremy Lane all seem to be getting good reports at outside cornerback. We’ll see how that depth chart eventually works itself out.
Add Tre Madden to the list of injured Seahawks running backs:
Rookie FB Tre Madden with his arm in a sling today, not participating. #SeahawksCamp pic.twitter.com/XiavgU9Cae— Stephen Cohen (@scohenPI) August 2, 2016
Richard Sherman on our society's need to provide better opportunities, treatment of minority kids. Great. #Seahawks pic.twitter.com/T2OCkN93og— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) August 2, 2016
Haven't heard any. Cottom appears the clear leader for the FB role right now, assuming they keep one. https://t.co/D5TknmKsFe— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 2, 2016
Frank Clark and Jordan Hill also out but team says also just getting a day off.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 2, 2016
Apparently @DougBaldwinJr wants to be a reporter. Hope he's ready to take a pay cut. pic.twitter.com/42TAGIewbm— John Boyle (@johnpboyle) August 2, 2016
Germain Ifedi's been #Seahawks player that's helped himself the most thru 4 camp days, imo. Rookie RG absolutely will not yield, back down— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) August 2, 2016
#Seahawks Insider: Coach Tom Cable on early progress of Seattle's biggest task: building an effective offensive line https://t.co/VLAayuV1qI— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) August 2, 2016
Richard Sherman on if #Seahawks give Bennett more $ now, RS, ET will want theirs: "I'm happy here. But more is more" pic.twitter.com/fDaWmtTXnr— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) August 2, 2016