The Seattle Seahawks were back at practice on Sunday and there are a few notes of interest for you fans out there:
- Thomas Rawls was in pads and apparently was at full-go, per Bob Condotta. He’s not expected to play against the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday, but perhaps could get a few carries in the preseason finale.
- Right tackle J’Marcus Webb returned after missing more than a week with a twisted knee. He is expected to play against the Cowboys. It remains to be seen what Webb’s return means for Bradley Sowell (interim left tackle) and Garry Gilliam (interim right tackle.)
- Pete Carroll hopes C.J. Prosise can make his first game appearance against Dallas this week, but didn’t guarantee it.
- Defensive end Michael Bennett had repeated camp fights against rookie Germain Ifedi in training camp, but on Sunday he turned his attention to Sowell. The two went at it in a drill after Sowell had apparently knocked down defensive lineman Josh Shirley. It sounds like Carroll appreciates the intensity, but Tom Cable said it’s also going too far.
- Tanner McEvoy got some reps at tight end on Sunday while Jimmy Graham has yet to run team drills and Nick Vannett misses time with a high ankle sprain. Carroll said Vannett is progressing well but there’s no ETA for his return, which is the case for most high ankle sprains.
- Apparently Kevin Pierre-Louis was snapping some balls following the misfires by long-snapper Nolan Frese on Thursday against the Minnesota Vikings. In case you forgot, KPL is a linebacker.
- Jarran Reed sat out with toe and ankle injuries, the extent of which aren’t known yet.
- It shouldn’t take long for newly-signed fullback Will Tukuafu to be game-ready, if he’s not already, much like Tony McDaniel was last week.