The Seattle Seahawks have their fifth day of training camp on Thursday. They will continue to do so at the VMAC through Sunday, getting their next day off on Monday. What we know so far:
- The offensive line remains set as Garry Gilliam, Mark Glowinski, Justin Britt, Germain Ifedi, and J’Marcus Webb ahead of next Saturday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs. It seems that Ifedi has been a standout thus far, a welcome change of pace for other tackles-turned-guards that Seattle has drafted in the Pete Carroll era. Maybe Ifedi will have a successful transition back to tackle someday after all. (He said after two days of padded practice...)
- Injuries have befallen Cooper Helfet (broken foot, out indefinitely) and C.J. Prosise (Hamstring, out 7-10 days). Running back Tre Madden was in a sling on Tuesday. On Thursday, that list has grown to Brandon Cottom, Zac Brooks, Ronnie Shields.
- The team released Drew Ferris, leaving only one longsnapper in camp, Nolan Frese. They also signed a running back and a strong safety, while placing Chris Clemons on the retired list.
- Last season’s Seahawks training camp didn’t have Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, or Brandon Browner for individual reasons. Now all three are present, playing, and looking good.
- Don’t expect much significant news to come out regarding the depth chart or final 53-man roster predictions over the next week unless it has to do with injuries, in which case, you don’t want to hear that news. That being said, it seems like Brooks, Brandon Williams, Ryan Robinson, and Cassius Marsh are making the most of their opportunities.
No Jimmy Graham on Thursday
Appears to be no change in Jimmy Graham's status as he is not in pads. Just watching from sideline again.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 4, 2016
Finally, I asked @SheilKapadia if he expects Jimmy Graham to play Week 1. He said "Yes", but that he might not be the same player— Mike Clay (@MikeClayNFL) August 4, 2016
No Thomas Rawls
Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls is still not practicing. Pete Carroll had said he would be... https://t.co/tSoYeXdaVV pic.twitter.com/oRHr40mzea— Sheil Kapadia (@SheilKapadia) August 4, 2016
Frank Clark is resting and Zac Brooks now appears to join the list of injured Seahawks RBs.
DE Frank Clark, ice on lower RT leg Mon & out Tues, does not appear to be practicing today. #Seahawks— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) August 4, 2016
#Seahawks warmup camp day 5. RB Zac Brooks no pads but joining in. #BlueAngels flyover. Perfect summer morning pic.twitter.com/FZX6GuAgD9— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) August 4, 2016
The @Seahawks have released LS Drew Ferris, placed DE Chris Clemons on res/retired list and signed SS Keenan Lambert and RB Cameron Marshall— Seattle Seahawks (@seahawksPR) August 4, 2016
Brandon Cottom being carted off. Went down in non-contact drill.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 4, 2016
TE Ronnie Shields also being carted off.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 4, 2016