The Seattle Seahawks held their first scrimmage of the season on Sunday, with Alex Collins getting a lot of attention for his excellent play while most of the rest of the running backs still recover from injuries. But we’ll learn even more about how the depth chart is stacking up, including along the ever-shifting offensive line, after the Seahawks play their first preseason game of the year on Saturday in Kansas City. They have three more practices before that, including Tuesday at 10 AM at the VMAC. We’ll keep you updated of all the important goings-on there in this thread and in the comments below.
- Thomas Rawls was activated off of the PUP on Sunday and should be in pads again soon. Here is his 2016 debut:
Choo Choo!! @TRawls810 pic.twitter.com/5XZnqRfCE2— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) August 9, 2016
- Former UW linebacker Josh Shirley is apparently on the field for the Seahawks now. No moves announced. Shirley went undrafted last year and played with the Bucs and Raiders before signing a futures deal with Seattle in January.
- The team signed six-time Pro Bowl guard Jahri Evans over the weekend. Will he play left guard, right guard, or will he even make the final 53-man roster at all?
- Is Justin Britt still the lead dog at center?
- No word yet on when Seattle will activate Jimmy Graham, but in the meantime, rookie third round pick Nick Vannett has looked spectacular by nearly all accounts.
- The rest of the rookie class has looked pretty darn good too, including guard (tackle?) Germain Ifedi, Rees Odhiambo (who has been working his way up the depth chart at tackle, it seems), plus Collins, and defensive tackles Jarran Reed and Quentin Jefferson. It might also be tough to let go of UDFA safety Tyvis Powell and UDFA receiver/athlete Tanner McEvoy.
- Competition is still alive and well on the battlefield for jobs at outside corner and outside linebacker.
- Supporting Field Gulls can sometimes be as easy as: LIKE FIELD GULLS ON FACEBOOK or Follow on Twitter.
- Jahri Evans has been taking snaps at left guard.
- Mike Morgan got first-team snaps at SAM.
- Kam Chancellor returned to practice after some veteran rest/being cautious. Doug Baldwin has not returned. Jordan Hill is out. CJ Prosise is still out. Christine Michael is back. All courtesy of Bob Condotta.
- Cornerback George Farmer is playing running back again today.