The Seattle Seahawks play the NFC West all the time. Every year! Did you know? So we’re not putting any of the division games on any of the “most anticipated” lists. We know they’re coming and we even know to an extent how they’ll play out; we know the Cardinals wil play us tough here, we know the Rams will try some weird/dirty shit at their place, and we know the Niners will be overmatched for one more year at least.
(Sure, the Week 17 home game against Arizona could be for all the division marbles. We’ll fire-roast that tomato when we come to it.)
But seven other contests caught my eye.
- At Green Bay to open; the Packers are possibly the Seahawks’ greatest conference rival of the past five years.
- At Tennessee a couple weeks later; the Titans are an up-and-coming AFC darling that could make serious noise in the playoffs over there.
- Hosting Indianapolis in Week 4; Andrew Luck, a quarterback of some note, visits in prime time.
- Traveling to New York mid-season; fond 2013 memories of times spent at MetLife Stadium, you know.
- Atlanta comes to town in Week 11; the storylines write themselves and maybe the Seahawks will spot the Falcons a 28-3 lead.
- Then it’s Philadelphia at the CLink; four straight solid wins against the Eagles, looking for five.
- Finally, Seattle’s in Dallas for Christmas Eve; a Week 16 battle with the Cowboys could have all sorts of playoff implications.
Which one of the above games (and below, I suppose) gives you a few extra tingles just to think about it, months ahead of time? Obviously the season opener carries so much satisfaction attached to it; try and separate that general anticipation from the specific kind bundled into a marquee game.
Setting aside the long wait for the season opener, which 2017 non-division game fills you wth the most anticipation?
This poll is closed
Week 1 at Green Bay
Week 3 at Tennesee
Week 4 vs. Indianapolis, SNF
Week 7 at New York Giants
Week 11 vs. Falcons, MNF
Week 13 vs. Eagles, SNF
Week 16 at Cowboys, Christmas Eve
Today’s Daily Gulls Poll theme was: semicolons. An underrated form of punctuation. Not anymore.