This week on Seaside Chats, Michael STUFR Edwards joins me to talk about the draft, the combine, and his 7-round Seahawks mock drafts that he puts out on Field Gulls each week. In this episode we discuss specifically:
- Why Seattle trading down is basically a default at this point
- What are the big positions of need?
- How the change from Tom Cable to Mike Solari will change the profile of offensive linemen
- Why Taylor Rapp would give Michael pause before trading down in the 1st
- What are the Seahawks other options at safety in the draft?
- The best case trade scenarios for Seattle
- Where the quarterback class stands following the combine and how it could affect the Seahawks, including as it pertains to Kyler Murray
- Are the Cardinals serious about trading Josh Rosen and taking Murray?
- The pass rushing options and how they did at the combine
- Why the tight end class is great for the Seahawks’ needs
- What’s the deal at offensive line in terms of need and options in the draft?
- Potential conversion projects at different positions
- The long list of cornerbacks with the long arms
Seaside Chats is available at Patreon for $2/month and up. I have consistent episodes, great guests, giveaways, and a lot of fun, but if it’s not in your budget or you just don’t like me that’s okay!