We got a doozy of a Seaside Chat today, folks. The original Field Gulls Google Hangouts Boys of 2013 are back again in a big way minus the part where you have to look at our faces. Just hear our voices (kinda — there are a few audio difficulties along the way and that falls on yours truly alone) as we talk about all of the topics below.
Seaside Chats is a Patreon podcast where for just $2/month you get all the weekly episodes and more in the form of giveaways, but this one is absolutely free. I want to thank our April sponsor Joshua Thompson for supporting me and the show and allowing me to release these ones to you (I know it’s May) and if you enjoyed it, consider a buck or two — or don’t! I understand and let’s just get to the good stuff.
- The signing of Ezekiel Ansah
- The state of the cornerback position and what to think of Shaquill Griffin’s second season
- Russell Wilson’s new deal
- How Doug Baldwin’s injuries and potential retirement could affect the offense
- The 2019 rookie draft class, what Danny thinks of LJ Collier, and who Jacson’s favorite pick was
- DK Metcalf
- Which rookie after the second round has the best chance to start for Seattle next season?
- The offensive line!
- Comparing Tom Cable to Mike Solari’s first season back with the Seahawks and where Danny thinks the ceiling and floor is for the line now
- “Cut or Keep” game with the roster
- Talking Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny (and as you’ll hear, Danny says it’s good the Seahawks don’t have a fullback, then 15 minutes after this they signed one)
- 2019 prediction!
Again, this episode is brought to you by Joshua, who has one request: Go talk about the Seahawks with him! I will give you his info with his permission. Start a penpal friendship or go to the Dominican Republic for a week. You deserve it, you’ve worked hard for the last year or so, take some time for yourself.
And Go Seahawks.