clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Snap Reactions: Notes on the Seahawks’ snap counts from win over the Vikings

Minnesota Vikings v Seattle Seahawks Photo by Abbie Parr/Getty Images

Sunday Night Football in Seattle did not disappoint in Week 5, with the Seahawks dramatically coming from behind to beat the Vikings 27-26. The wild back-and-forth saw a couple of injuries for Seattle and a few unheralded players stepping up. We’ll get into that below after the team’s full snap counts.

  • It’s becoming more frequent, but still an incredible effort from two crucial parts of the offense in Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf to play every single offensive snap save for two.
  • Despite scoring a touchdown on the night, Will Dissly was again out-snapped considerably by Greg Olsen, with the veteran playing 83% to Dissly’s 37%.
  • With Carlos Hyde missing his second straight game, it was a fairly even split between Chris Carson and Travis Homer, at 57% to 43%.
  • While Lockett and Metcalf dominated wide receiver snaps, David Moore and Freddie Swain played nearly identical amounts, with 43% for Moore and 39% for Swain.
  • In another fantastic performance, K.J. Wright played all but one defensive snap. While Wright’s workload in Week 5 is not likely to be sustainable, it may have been necessary with a depleted linebacker corps.
  • Quinton Dunbar, who entered Sunday questionable, continued to try and manage his knee throughout the game. As a result, he played 79% of snaps while Tre Flowers saw the other 21% at right cornerback.
  • Jarran Reed, who also played excellently, was forced to play a little more than he has recently after Anthony Rush left injured. Reed played 76% of the defensive snaps on the night, a number we can expect to drop a little in Week 7, whether that’s with Rush’s return or Damon Harrison’s debut.
  • Alton Robinson again came in for what is becoming about his average, playing 40% of the defensive snaps in his third career game.
  • Jonathan Bullard, brought in during the week to provide the team with snaps at 5-tech, actually out snapped Damontre Moore by two snaps (26% to 24%). However, it was Moore who showed up on several occasions with huge plays. With Rasheem Green likely to return after the bye week, Moore and Bullard are likely fighting for one roster spot—Moore did not give it up easily on Sunday.
  • Finally, Ugo Amadi saw just 32% of defensive snaps as the defense remained in base for most of the game, with Cody Barton picking up 68% of the snaps as a result.