Earlier this week the Seattle Seahawks hosted 2018 sixth round draft pick Ade Aruna, potentially in an effort to see if there could be any potential to improve the team’s pass rush. Saturday, in addition to reports indicating that wide receiver Paul Richardson is set to return to the Hawks, the team also hosted five defensive players for tryouts, according to league reports.
Titans bad Stephen Gostkowski in for a workout today.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) August 29, 2020
The rest of today’s visits and tryouts. ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/fjtfQcc0Ye
The five players Seattle had in were:
- Defensive Back DeMarkus Acy, Missouri, who was 2nd team All-SEC in 2018
- Defensive Back Brian Cole, Mississippi State, who played linebacker in college but at 213 pounds is likely undersized for that position in the NFL
- Defensive Back Jalen Julius, Ole Miss
- Defensive Tackle Chris Nelson, Texas, a run stuffing defensive tackle who was college teammates with Poona Ford and
- Defensive End Bryson Young, Oregon
As always, the Seahawks are continually working out players and looking for those who can help the team improve. Field Gulls will work to bring fans the latest news and developments as the final week of training camp winds down over the coming week.