clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Snap Reactions: Notes on the Seahawks’ snap counts from Sunday’s win over the Patriots

New England Patriots v Seattle Seahawks Photo by Abbie Parr/Getty Images

In thrilling fashion, the Seattle Seahawks improved to 2-0 on the season after a 35-30 win over the New England Patriots. Unfortunately for the Seahawks, their win saw several key defensive players exit, some with injuries and another through ejection. Here’s the full snap counts before we get into some notes below.

  • It’s pretty rare for any wide receiver to play every single snap, as it’s one of the more frequently rotated positions. That DK Metcalf did just that is the icing on the cake of an incredibly tough performance. The Seahawks’ second-year wideout battled the reigning Defensive Player of the Year, Stephon Gilmore, all night long and did not take a single snap off. What a performance.
  • Mike Iupati and Jordan Simmons continued to share left guard duties, albeit with Iupati dominating the share. Seattle’s veteran saw 87% of the snaps, while Simmons saw the other 13%.
  • In a tough game for him personally, Greg Olsen had quite the edge on Will Dissly, leading the group with 71% of snaps—compared to 49% for Dissly.
  • After a near-even split in Week 1, the backfield was Chris Carson’s in Week 2. The Seahawks’ lead tailback played 63% of snaps, far ahead of Carlos Hyde’s 24%.
  • For the second straight week, Seattle’s two most important defensive linemen played far too much, as Benson Mayowa (90%) and Jarran Reed (86%) received little rest. The Seahawks have to establish a better rotation up front, without question.
  • Quinton Dunbar is on the way to making the right cornerback job his and his alone, playing 75% of snaps on Sunday night, compared to 18% for Tre Flowers.
  • Jordyn Brooks played one snap more than he did a week ago, with eight defensive snaps accounting for 11% of the share. K.J. Wright, meanwhile, played the majority of WILL snaps at 71%.
  • Forced into action, Ugo Amadi played 65% of the defensive snaps and looked very comfortable. Barring a lucky break with Marquise Blair, Amadi could be in for a similar role for the foreseeable future.