That’s a hair under five months from now.
Free agency opened less than a month ago, and the NFL Draft is still 2-1/2 weeks away.
None of that matters though because the oddsmakers at DraftKings Sportsbook already know how many games each team is going to win in 2023.
Okay, not really, but they have set the Over/Under for how many games each of the league’s 32 teams will win, and have presumably done so in a way that will yield the most bets on both sides of the line.
For the Seattle Seahawks, the Over/Under is 8-1/2 games.
On the one hand, that’s three full games higher than where the line was set last season (yay, Seahawks!). On the other hand, it’s three full games below the over/under for the San Francisco 49ers (boo, Whiners!)
The good news is that the Seahawks hit the over by beating the Cardinals in Week 9 last season. The bad news is that 2022 doesn’t matter when (if) placing bets this year.
If you gamble, do so responsibly, and good luck!
Go Hawks, and Go 12s!
Looking across the NFC West, the NFC in general, and the league as a whole, here are some of the more interesting lines:
The NFC West:
- Seattle Seahawks: (always the most interesting) Over 8.5 is -105; Under 8.5 is -115.
- Santa Clara: Over 11.5 is +110; Under 11.5 is -130
- The Los Angeles Rams: The Over/Under is 7-1/2; Over is -140; Under is +115
- Arizona Cardinals: Tied with the Houston Texans for the lowest Over/Under at 5-1/2; Over is +110; Under is -130.
Highest Projected Win Totals in the NFC:
- Santa Clara: Already mentioned - twice
- Philadelphia Eagles: Over/Under is 10-1/2; Over is -150; Under is +120
- Dallas Cowboys: Over/Under is 9-1/2; Over is -125; Under is +105
- Detroit Lions: Over/Under is 9-1/2; Over is -120; Under is +100
- New Orleans Saints: Over/Under matches the Cowboys and Lions; Over is +105; Under is —125
Add it all up and you’ll find that there are only six NFC teams that DraftKings is projecting more wins for than the Seahawks.
Highest Projected Win Totals in the AFC:
- Cincinnati Bengals: Over/Under is 11-/12; Over is -105; Under is -115
- Kansas City Chiefs: Identical to the Bengals
- Buffalo Bills: Over/Under is 10-1/2; Over is -140; Under is +115
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Over/Under is 10-1/2; Over is +115; Under is -140
- New York Jets: Over/Under is 9-12/; Over is -130; Under is +110
- Los Angeles Chargers: Over/Under is 9-1/2; Over is -125; Under is +105
- Cleveland Browns: Over/Under 9-1/2; Over is +115; Under is -140
- Miami Dolphins: Over/Under is 9-1/2; Over is +100; Under is -120
That makes eight AFC teams that are projected to win more games than the Seahawks next season. The Baltimore Ravens (-150 / +120), Denver Broncos (-110 / -110), and Pittsburgh Steelers (-110 / -110) are projected at 8-1/2 wins.